Welcome to the “(e) Science News” update from Hawaii Science Digest.
Views expressed in this science and technology news summary are those of the reporters and correspondents.
Content supplied by (e) Science News.
Accessed on 10 August 2019, 0515 UTC.
Please click link or scroll down to read your selections.
Astronomy & Space
Biology & Nature
Earth & Climate
- One-tenth of the world’s wilderness lost in 2 decades
- A tenth of the world’s wilderness lost since the 1990s
- Study: A tenth of the world’s wilderness lost since the 1990s
- NIST and Navy tests suggest telecom networks could back up GPS time signals
- Study finds earthquakes can trigger near-instantaneous aftershocks on different faults
Health & Medicine
- New study finds rate of injuries among youth soccer players doubled
- Prevention programs significantly reduce ankle injuries in soccer athletes
- How to fight drug-resistant bacteria
- Antimicrobial chemicals found with antibiotic-resistance genes in indoor dust
- Antibacterial ingredients in indoor dust could contribute to antibiotic resistance
Mathematics & Economics
- Team of robots learns to work together, without colliding
- New service improves cloud storage usage on mobile devices
- Beat the stock market by satisfying customers
- Researchers find vulnerabilities in iPhone, iPad operating system
- Louisiana Tech University uses underground radar to locate post-Katrina damage
Paleontology & Archaeology
- Researchers name a new species of reptile from 212 million years ago
- 13th century Maya codex, long shrouded in controversy, proves genuine
- Similarities found between how ancient and modern fish survived youth
- Genetics of African KhoeSan populations maps to Kalahari Desert geography
- Browsing antelope turned ancient African forests into grassy savanna ecosystems
Physics & Chemistry
Psychology & Sociology
- Posting personal experiences on social media may help you remember them in the future
- Life after Fitbit: Appealing to those who feel guilty vs. free
- Pet therapy can combat homesickness
- UBC research could help local governments plan together
- Link between weather and chronic pain is emerging through innovative smartphone research
- For the latest trends in science, technology, medicine, environment, cyber security, and artificial intelligence (AI), please visit this blog daily. Thanks for joining us today.
- Until next time: Russ Roberts (https://atomic-temporary-155977078.wpcomstaging.com and https://hawaiisciencedaily.com).